Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bad Astronomy

I thought that the software existed to calculate the movement of an asteroid. It does but it was an inaccurate representation. it would take many days to plot its course and speed. second I thought that comments moved quickly through the sky but it turns out that they do not.


When watching the movie I was skeptical that a comets core would be white or gray because they are made of Ice, according to bad astronomy it would have been a dark black. I also didn't think that exposure to the sun would have burned his face and it apparently shouldn't have done that good of a job anyway.

I didn't know that the moon really did rotate at the same rate as the earth. I thought that the moon was constantly rotating but I guess that not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment